Effective Date: 12/16/21
Tim Ryan for Ohio (“Campaign,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, and share the information of individuals who visit our website located at www.timforoh.com and other online properties that link to this privacy notice (collectively, the “Site”).
When using our Site, you may provide information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide. If you make a donation or purchase, we will collect payment information and other details needed for the transaction, such as billing and shipping information. We collect this information when you subscribe to our mailing list, make a donation or purchase, contact us through the Site, volunteer for the Campaign, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may also collect information about you from other individuals and organizations, and we may combine this information with any information that you provide to us.
We may combine any information that we collect, including device information, with any information that you choose to provide to us.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide the products or information that you request;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send Campaign updates and other communications that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- Candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups, however SMS information will not be shared with such third parties and SMS information will only be used pursuant to our Terms of Service;
- Service providers or agents that perform activities for us, such as those for statistical analysis, payment processing, or sending you email or postal mail;
- As part of a change of corporate control or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or when needed in our judgment to protect our rights or the rights of third parties or for safety or security reasons;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated, without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. The Campaign uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email Campaign updates and donation requests, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each message.
You may also opt out or unsubscribe from future emails by sending a request to email@example.com using the subject line “Unsubscribe from email communications.” To ensure your opt-out request is properly processed, be sure to send your message using the same email account to which we sent our correspondence.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If our information practices change, we will post an updated version of this privacy notice. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at: