Tim Ryan continues his Workers First Tour, earning endorsements and grassroots support at every turn
With less than two months to go until Election Day, U.S. Senate candidate Tim Ryan is going to every corner of Ohio, hearing directly from workers, and building grassroots momentum and support to flip this critical seat.
Endorsements Roll In
In the past two weeks, Tim has continued to add to his list of grassroots endorsements, including support from Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and League of Conservation Voters Action Fund.
- FROM CLEVELAND MAYOR JUSTIN BIBB: “I’m thrilled to endorse Tim Ryan, who has spent his career fighting for Ohio workers—no matter how difficult the battle or how tall the odds. In the Senate, Tim will keep working to make sure we’re ready to meet the urgent challenges we face, from raising wages and creating more good paying jobs, to putting people to work rebuilding our infrastructure, to investing in education so that all our kids can learn in safe, modern schools, and I look forward to working alongside him to deliver for Cleveland.”
- FROM NARAL PRO-CHOICE AMERICA PRESIDENT MINI TIMMARAJU: “With the anti-choice supermajority on the Supreme Court poised to end Roe v. Wade and reproductive freedom under attack across the country like never before, it is imperative to elect leaders like Tim Ryan to the Senate. He is the leader Ohio needs to protect and expand access to abortion.”
- FROM OHIO ENVIRONMENTAL COUNCIL ACTION FUND PAC INTERIM PRESIDENT TRISH DEMETER: “Congressman Tim Ryan has been a steadfast champion for the environment in Washington and has worked to ensure Ohio becomes an electric vehicle powerhouse. We know Rep. Ryan will be a Senator who fights for clean energy union jobs in every community across our state while promoting environmental justice.”
Senator Sherrod Brown also stressed his support for Tim, telling David Catanese “Ryan will run ahead of the congressional candidates, Ryan will run ahead of national polls because he knows how to talk to workers and these other candidates are indifferent to that.”
Workers First Tour Visits Central Ohio & the Miami Valley
In addition to touring American Nitrile’s new factory in Grove City, Tim Ryan brought his Workers First Tour to Southwest Ohio, meeting with voters in Preble, Miami, and Greene Counties, and supporting workers locked out at Collins Aerospace in Troy.
- ON THE PICKET LINE AT COLLINS AEROSPACE: “I believe he’s truly looking out for the workers. That’s important to not only me, but the members,” said Joe Konicki, president of United Auto Workers Local 128.
- TIM RYAN ON GETTING THINGS DONE IN THE SENATE: “When those voters hear that I’m not a straight party-line Democrat, that I’ll crossover and work with Republicans, I think that’s what Ohioans want ― someone who is sincere about their best interests.”
Tim Ryan Continues to Fight for Ohio Workers
On Monday, Tim Ryan and Mayor Justin Bibb joined members of SEIU District 1199 in Cleveland to discuss the important role of home health aides, nursing home workers, and social service workers in our communities.
In an interview with CNN’s Edward-Isaac Dovere, Tim continued to call on President Biden and Democrats in Congress to reinstate the child tax credit, pass tax cuts for working and middle-class families, and address the issues that actually affect workers. “Propose a working- and middle-class tax cut, [he] argued, tell Congress to vote on it in the next few weeks — and, at the very least, see if Republicans will go on record voting ‘no.’”
Last week, Tim announced his sponsorship of bipartisan legislation to restore retirement benefits of thousands of Delphi salaried retirees in the Mahoning Valley. More on Tim’s support for this bill on WKBN.
A champion for all workers, Tim joined Sen. Sherrod Brown in urging the Henry H. Stambaugh Auditorium Association to negotiate with IATSE Local 101 over the union’s lapsed contract at Youngstown’s DeYor Performing Arts Center.